I haven't really blogged religiously - I wonder what really propels people to blog on a regular basis! I don't really just want to update about what happens in my life per se, yet forming opinions about the world around us requires some element of thinking and organising one's ideas in a manner that flows and is interesting to read.
I went to register myself for the NTU Mass Comm Masters programme today. I would describe it as HARROWING! I already figured that the campus was godforsaken when I went to drop off my application - I am even more certain of it's bizarreness now. The designers of the place must be some mad architects. It is a maze of hilly slopes with funny looking sheltered walkways. Even the students don't know much beyond one or two lecture theatres I think. I was led on a wild goose chase while people were providing me with all sorts of wrong directions. You might wonder - why didn't I just use the map? The maps cause even more confusion and do more to mystify the locations then enlighten.
It was supposed to be really simple, go to the student service centre and make a payment and then make your way to LT26 to register yourself with the proof of payment. It sounds like a no brainer but with absolutely no clear directions on the location in this mammoth sprawling campus, I felt like I was in some Amazing Race episode, racing against time and the elements (It was REALLY hot). The bus stops are so far away from each other and you have to walk a very long distance to get anywhere.
Have I been spoiled by NUS? I don't remember every having any trouble, even in my first few days as an Undergraduate finding my way around, not only in Arts, but in Engineering, or Law or even Science. There were so many clear signages directing us to our destination.
I just hope that I wouldn't ever have to venture beyond the MMC room (by the way, I am yet to locate it!) when classes start.
Speaking of classes, I am so conflicted about whether I should do the Masters full time or part time.
Full Time - $9000 per year (maximum candidature is 2 years, so up to $18000 for 2 years)
Part Time - $6000 per year (maximum candidature is 4 years, so up to $24,000 for 4 years)
It isn't so much the cost as either way I have to take a loan, it is the number of classes. As a full time student, I must take at least 3 classes per semester, whereas as a part time student, I can even take 1. Can I cope with 3 classes per week when I am working? That is the question ...
I went to register myself for the NTU Mass Comm Masters programme today. I would describe it as HARROWING! I already figured that the campus was godforsaken when I went to drop off my application - I am even more certain of it's bizarreness now. The designers of the place must be some mad architects. It is a maze of hilly slopes with funny looking sheltered walkways. Even the students don't know much beyond one or two lecture theatres I think. I was led on a wild goose chase while people were providing me with all sorts of wrong directions. You might wonder - why didn't I just use the map? The maps cause even more confusion and do more to mystify the locations then enlighten.
It was supposed to be really simple, go to the student service centre and make a payment and then make your way to LT26 to register yourself with the proof of payment. It sounds like a no brainer but with absolutely no clear directions on the location in this mammoth sprawling campus, I felt like I was in some Amazing Race episode, racing against time and the elements (It was REALLY hot). The bus stops are so far away from each other and you have to walk a very long distance to get anywhere.
Have I been spoiled by NUS? I don't remember every having any trouble, even in my first few days as an Undergraduate finding my way around, not only in Arts, but in Engineering, or Law or even Science. There were so many clear signages directing us to our destination.
I just hope that I wouldn't ever have to venture beyond the MMC room (by the way, I am yet to locate it!) when classes start.
Speaking of classes, I am so conflicted about whether I should do the Masters full time or part time.
Full Time - $9000 per year (maximum candidature is 2 years, so up to $18000 for 2 years)
Part Time - $6000 per year (maximum candidature is 4 years, so up to $24,000 for 4 years)
It isn't so much the cost as either way I have to take a loan, it is the number of classes. As a full time student, I must take at least 3 classes per semester, whereas as a part time student, I can even take 1. Can I cope with 3 classes per week when I am working? That is the question ...
No comments:
Post a Comment