I am feeling more and more frustrated about living in Singapore. The cost of everything goes higher and higher, and my pay is fixed. My mind just can't figure how the government devises its policies.
There are several things in my mind. First the 20% increase in the power supply bills. Firstly, the provision of public goods usually lies with the government so that it can be affordable to the common man. This seems to no longer applicable, at least not in Singapore. What is hypocritical is the series of ads that were run on saving on your bills, etc etc. They were only softening the ground to spring this sudden increase in the cost of one of the basic necessities in life. I feel so bamboozled, like I am a fool. Granted, am sure the cost of fuel, etc has gone up but to suddenly foist a 20% increase on its citizens is cruel. Perhaps it would be better to have a free market in this instance than have the government provide basic necessities.
For example in the US, you can choose which company you want buy your gas from. Competition is borne to make the prices offered more competive isn't it? Anything is better than having these ill explained sharp increases dumped on you.
And what does the media do, being the fourth estate - they merely are the mouthpiece of this villany. When will our voices, the voice of the common man be heard when the media is not doing any service to us, or facilitating the opposing view of the government. But then again, am I the only one feeling this way - cornered with no opportunity to live, to breathe?
Secondly, I found out yesterday, that for the balloting exercise as well as half a yearly sales - that if I wasn't working for 24 months continuously, i am NOT ELGIBLE for the $30,000 HDB Top Up Grant. Why not?? Who can explain this incredibly stupid clause? So why bother with your so called pro family policies when I can't even afford a place to live? I shall sign off now before my blood boils and spews out through my ears!
No comments:
Post a Comment